Beltway Political Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Prime Minister, but I'm also a father' - John Key weighs in on Max Key's social media use

Go down

I'm Prime Minister, but I'm also a father' - John Key weighs in on Max Key's social media use Empty I'm Prime Minister, but I'm also a father' - John Key weighs in on Max Key's social media use

Post by Admin Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Prime Minister John Key says he does not vet his son Max's social media use and doubts his son would listen even if he tried.
Max Key released a YouTube clip of his holiday in Hawaii with girlfriend Amelia Finlayson, which included a cameo appearance by Mr Key standing pensively on some rocks.
Mr Key said he was a "reluctant participant" and while he had seen the clip before Max posted it online he had not vetted it.
"The question is if they'd listen to me and I think that's highly debatable. They might."
Mr Key said it would not be fair to restrict his children's use of social media.

Some people will make the case I should be the censor, but on the other side of the coin I'm Prime Minister, but I'm also a father. Most fathers let their kids have social media pages," he said.
"I've wanted my kids to grow up naturally as much as they can, to run their own lives. They've got to take the good and the bad that comes with that. And there will be plenty of bad that comes along and there will be plenty of good as well."
Max is renowned for his Instagram activity, a recent highlight of which included pranking his followers with a photo in a golf cart with a friend who looked similar to Dan Bilzerian, who is facing criminal charges in the US.
Max Key also posted a photo of himself and his father shirtless, about to have a spa on Max's birthday.
Admin
Admin

https://bltwaypoliticalforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum